Veteran’s Home Care
Top Dementia Home Care In Bloomfield, South Orange, West Orange, Clifton, Montclair, Livingston, Roseland, Short Hills, Paramus, West Caldwell, Ridgewood NJ And Surrounding Areas.
VETERANS’ HOME CARE SERVICES IN BLOOMFIELD
Astir Home Health Care provides in-home private duty care services for veteran seniors and their surviving spouses.
Certain veterans may qualify for financial assistance with activities of daily living like eating, bathing, dressing, continence (using the toilet), mobility (transferring, walking), and grooming.
How Do New Jersey Veterans Get Help with This Program?
For more information, download the NJ Veterans Benefit Guide here. There are many eligible services offered through the VA – These are not all-inclusive.
- Disability Compensation
- Health Care
- Education and training
- Non-Service-Connected Pension
- Memorial Benefits
- Burial in a VA national cemetery
- Home loan and Housing Assistance
- Interest Rate Reduction Refinance Loans
- Aid and Attendance
- Veteran Affairs
- VA Life Insurance
What Is The Veterans Aid and Attendance Pension
The Veterans Benefits Administration, a branch of the VA, provides monthly payments to certain wartime veterans with financial need, and their survivors. This pension is available if you (the veteran) or a surviving spouse of a veteran, meet certain criteria.
The Aid and Attendance amount is available for those who need the “aid and attendance” of another person for their routine daily living activities on a long-term basis.
How Does a Veteran Qualify for Aid and Attendance?
A simple way to determine if you are eligible is to start with the three main qualifications or “must-haves” for the VA Pension with Aid and Attendance:
1) Military: Are you a veteran or the surviving spouse of a veteran who served at least 90 days on active duty, at least one day during wartime, with an honorable or general discharge? (Persian Gulf War veterans must have two years of active duty or the full period for which they were called for active duty.)
2) Medical: Do you have a non-service-connected medical condition causing you to need assistance with activities of daily living?
3) Money: Do you have a net worth of, or less than, $130,773 (limit established by Congress 12.1.2020)? A primary residence and auto are not counted as part of net worth. Ongoing non-reimbursable medical and long-term care expenses may reduce your countable income.
Did you serve during one of the VA Defined War Periods?
- World War II: December 7, 1941-December 31, 1946
- Korean Conflict: June 27, 1950-January 31, 1955
- Vietnam Era: August 5, 1964-May 7, 1975 Veterans who served February 28, 1961-August 5, 1964, must have served “in country” (Vietnam).
- Persian Gulf War: August 2, 1990- date to be prescribed by Presidential Proclamation or law. Must have served active duty for two years or the full period of which the veteran was called for active duty.
Get Started with Home Care Through The VA AId and Attendance Pension Benefit
Help with Activities of Daily Living
Activities of daily living (ADLs) are routine self-care activities that people tend to every day without needing assistance. There are six basic ADLs: eating, bathing, dressing, continence (using the toilet), mobility (transferring, walking), and grooming. Home care agencies provide aides who can assist those who need help with activities of daily living. Aid and Attendance helps wartime veterans and spouses pay for help with activities of daily living.
MORE ABOUT THIS VETERANS BENEFIT
In 1952 Congress passed Title 38 of the United States Code authorizing certain benefits for veterans. One of these benefits is the Non-Service Connected Pension, with “Aid and Attendance.” It is also known as simply “Aid and Attendance” or “Veterans Aid and Attendance benefit” or “Aid and Attendance Pension” or “Improved Pension with Aid and Attendance.”
In March 1989, during President George H. W. Bush’s presidency, the Veterans Administration (VA) was elevated to a cabinet-level executive department. The Veterans Administration was then renamed the Department of Veterans Affairs, and continued to be known as VA. Today the VA is comprised of three basic branches: the Veterans Health Administration (VHA), the Veterans Benefits Administration and the National Cemetery Administration (NCA).
Why Get Started With Astir Home Health Care NJ?
- Attempting to provide care for your loved one yourself, without proper training, can cause needless stress on both you and your loved one
- The difficulty of providing care for your loved one while also managing your usual responsibilities can lead to burnout or neglect of your own household's needs.
- Without regular companionship, your loved one may suffer from loneliness and isolation.
- Aging alone increases risk for injuries and can lead to declining health.
Astir Home Health Care NJ will provide safety, independence and companionship for your loved one, and peace of mind and rest for you!
Book A FREE, No-Obligation, Home Care Assessment
Contact Astir Home Health Care Essex County NJ?
Call Our Office
Visit Our Office
192 Broad St
Bloomfield NJ 07003
Caregivers available 24/7 365