Live-In Home Care
Top Live-In Home Care In Bloomfield, South Orange, West Orange, Clifton, Montclair, Livingston, Roseland, Short Hills, Paramus, West Caldwell, Ridgewood NJ And Surrounding Areas.
How Live-In Home Care Service Helps you
A live-in caregiver resides in the client’s home and provides consistent assistance with daily functions. They are trained to take on tasks like bathing, eating & toileting so that their loved ones can have a more comfortable life.
A live-in caretaker will reside at your loved one’s house for 24-hours every day of the week and be there when they need help performing their basic Activities of Daily Living or if they show any signs of distress. This is especially helpful because a live-in caregiver and the senior have a more personal bond. The caregiver knows the daily routine and is a consistent presence in the home.
WHAT IS LIVE-IN HOME CARE
At Astir Home Health Care, our Live-In Home Care services support the many details of everyday living:
Personal Care – Our caregivers assist with all personal care such as grooming, bathing, eating, dressing, and toileting.
Companion Care – As regular tasks become more difficult for your aging loved one, our caregivers can assist with cooking, cleaning, laundry, shopping, & more.
The Benefits of Live-In Home Care
Seniors that opt for live-in caregivers benefit from the presence of someone with their day and night. This decision is perfect for those who want to remain in their own homes, as they enjoy having a caregiver around all day long. Live-In Caregivers get along well because there are no odd schedules or work hours – it’s just constant companionship!
- Lower Rate: Typically, live-in home care is less expensive than hourly home care.
- Easy Transitioning: When a senior is transitioning from hospital to home, a live-in caregiver makes the experience easier and less stressful by being available in the home 24/7.
- Communication: The senior’s family enjoys talking to one caregiver when they call for updates about their loved one’s health.
- Reliability: Live-in caregiver situations involve greater bonding between the care providers and their clients; they have in the past shown less turnover in caregivers than in live-out arrangements.
Live-In Home Care VS Hourly Home Care
When it comes to choosing in-home care for an elderly person, there are many options. Live-in and 24-hour caregivers may seem like the same terminology, but they vary in how much time is spent with the senior, depending on their care needs.
Live-In Home Care
- Live-in caregivers work around the clock to take care of their clients. The 8-hour break and sleeping bed is provided for them so they can rest when not working.
- With two scheduled caregivers, your senior loved one will find a deeper sense of comfort. The heightened familiarity with the elderly’s favorite routines and moods helps to better manage dementia diagnoses as well.
- Live-In Home Care may not be the best choice for the senior who needs assistance at night with toileting, wandering, or confusion. The caregiver must be able to sleep, take breaks, and rest.
24-Hour Home Care
(Hourly Home Care)
- To ensure the client is always taken care of, two or more caregivers take turns on shifts to be awake and available day and night.
- A trusted and alert caregiver is always awake to care for your loved one. By rotating caregivers, they are able to stay alert and ready when new situations arise with a senior who wanders at night, needs toileting assistance at night, or may become confused and just need some company and reassurance.
Frequently Asked Questions about Home Care
HOW MUCH DOES LIVE-IN HOME CARE COST?
Live-In Care is often less expensive than hourly home care.
According to the 2020 Genworth Cost of Care Study, the average national median cost for companion care (classified as homemaker services) was $54,912 ANNUALLY for a home health aide and $53,768 for a homemaker. The hourly rate for a home health aide ranged from $17.00 in Louisiana to $33.00 in Minnesota. The median cost for an hourly caregiver is $24.00 per hour.
Genworth calculates average median rates based on 44 hours per week. If your loved one only requires the help of a companion for a few hours per day or week, your costs may be significantly lower than these estimates.
For a clearer picture of your potential costs, determine your loved one’s needs and contact Astir Home Health Care to inquire about companion care providers and average costs in your area.
DOES MEDICARE PAY FOR LIVE-IN HOME CARE?
If your family member needs only assistance with homemaker or personal services, or companion care, Medicare will not cover the cost.
Why Get Started With Astir Home Health Care NJ?
- Attempting to provide care for your loved one yourself, without proper training, can cause needless stress on both you and your loved one
- The difficulty of providing care for your loved one while also managing your usual responsibilities can lead to burnout or neglect of your own household's needs.
- Without regular companionship, your loved one may suffer from loneliness and isolation.
- Aging alone increases risk for injuries and can lead to declining health.
Astir Home Health Care NJ will provide safety, independence and companionship for your loved one, and peace of mind and rest for you!
Book A FREE, No-Obligation, Home Care Assessment
Contact Astir Home Health Care Essex County NJ?
Call Our Office
Visit Our Office
192 Broad St
Bloomfield NJ 07003
Caregivers available 24/7 365